Offering a positive and enriching dance experience to your students…
We are aware that teaching dance can be a very enriching experience but as well, a complex task. The majority of teachers feel more or less confident in this area due to a lack of knowledge and specific skills associated with dance and the teaching of it. Not to mention, there is definitely a small number of good resources available.
Tradansa offers a training workshop developed specifically to fulfill the needs expressed by teachers in the school system. You will learn:
- simple and practical knowledge to successfully teach dance to various age groups and developmental levels;
- a teaching methodology that fosters the quick and effective understanding, execution and performance of dances;
- tips to facilitate your students’ learning and ability to execute various steps and movements;
- a repertoire of dances you and your students will have fun doing;
- and much more!
Tradansa is renowned for the use of a teaching methodology favoring rapid results as well as generating an interest for dance to students of all ages.
The teaching strategies offered in this workshop are the same ones used by Tradansa‘s Dance Specialists. With only 120 minutes of teaching time, they succeed in teaching a total of three or four dances to groups of 30 to 40 students (regardless of their grade level) as well as prepare two of these dances for a performance at the end of the series of workshops!
The workshop gave me a good base and great ideas on how to teach dance in class. The training was simple, practical and efficient. Thank you very much!
– Mylène Côté, Grade 5/6 Teacher, Toronto (ON)
“Great workshop! I greatly appreciated the practical side of the workshop. Thank you!”
– Grade 1 Teacher, Toronto (ON)