Offering a positive and enriching dance experience to your students…
We are aware that teaching dance can be a very enriching experience but as well, a complex task. The majority of teachers feel more or less confident in this area due to a lack of knowledge and specific skills associated with dance and the teaching of it. Not to mention, there is definitely a small number of good resources available.
Tradansa offers a training workshop developed specifically to fulfill the needs expressed by teachers in the school system. You will learn:
- simple and practical knowledge to successfully teach dance to various age groups and developmental levels;
- a teaching methodology that fosters the quick and effective understanding, execution and performance of dances;
- tips to facilitate your students’ learning and ability to execute various steps and movements;
- a repertoire of dances you and your students will have fun doing;
- and much more!
Tradansa is renowned for the use of a teaching methodology favoring rapid results as well as generating an interest for dance to students of all ages.
The teaching strategies offered in this workshop are the same ones used by Tradansa‘s Dance Specialists. With only 120 minutes of teaching time, they succeed in teaching a total of three or four dances to groups of 30 to 40 students (regardless of their grade level) as well as prepare two of these dances for a performance at the end of the series of workshops!
- Connie Tilley
Grade 3 Teacher, Bayshore Public School (Nepean, ON)
“The instructors were always in control and very enthusiastic. I would recommend them to every school!”
- Michel Forget
Grade 4/5 Teacher EFI
Robert Hopkins Public School
- Jocelyne Beaulieu
Principal, SHAPE International School
-Grade 2 class
Russell Public School
"The workshop gave me a good base and great ideas on how to teach dance in class. The training was simple, practical and efficient. Thank you very much!"
– Mylène Côté
Grade 5/6 Teacher, Toronto, ON
“Great workshop! I greatly appreciated the practical side of the workshop. Thank you!”
– Grade 1 Teacher, Toronto, Ontario
“We really appreciated your program! Step by step demonstration before the actual practice is excellent! Very good progression in the lesson. The level was adapted to the age of the students. The dance specialist was very interesting so there were no discipline problems. The dances and songs were varied. The vocabulary was adapted to French Immersion students. Thank you very much for this high quality workshop!”
– Bettina Desbordes, Senior Kindergarden Teacher EFI, Rockcliffe Park PS (Ottawa, ON)
“Our experience was purely magical! Students enjoyed every “step” of the learning experience and parents even participated in the grand finale.”
– Julie Morris, Principal Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (Ottawa, ON)
“Very well-organized and efficient with teaching time. Excellent class control and guidelines with classes.”
– C. Johnson-Grall, Grade 2 Teacher, First Avenue PS (Ottawa ON)
"I thought I wouldn't like the dancing, but then I tried it and it was fun!"
- Ryan, age 10
"Fantastic. Incredible. We succeeded learning four dances in four days and performing one on the fifth day. We see that the children are having fun and are proud of themselves. Also, there is a link with the dance and cultural aspects of the curriculum. Super!"
- Hélène Martin, Grade 2/3 Teacher EFI, Le Phare ES (Gloucester, ON)
“Students and staff alike were charmed by the Tradansa dance workshops. They are consummate professionals, exceptionally well organized and knowledgeable with just the right approach with the kids. Even our most reticent students became eager participants!”
– Heather Earle, Grade 5 Teacher, Russell PS (Russell, ON)
"My class really loved the program! I heard many positive comments from their parents."
- Junior Kindergarden Teacher (Ottawa, ON)
This post is also available in: Français